Buying a new home is exciting! And there are so many things you want to do, like buy new furniture, new flooring, repaint, redecorate, update... In short, you want to turn your new house into a home. But, hold your horses! Anything you do before the day of closing could drastically affect your home purchase!
Here, then, are the Ten Commandments of Buying a Home
- Thou shalt not change jobs, quit your job or become self-employed.
- Thou shalt not buy a vehicle (or you may be living in it!).
- Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt not lie on your loan application.
- Thou shalt not buy furniture on credit.
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer.
- Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone for any reason.
Here is Sky reviewing the commandments.